MADISON, Wis. - Wisconsin's insurance commissioner has some tips for travelers taking spring vacations.
Commissioner Theodore Nickel said travelers should consider buying insurance for expensive trips, but he said be sure to read and understand the policy before buying.
Nickel said travel insurance can cover everything from severe weather, illness, family emergencies and bankruptcy of travel agencies or cruise lines.
By buying travel insurance, travelers can cancel their trips if emergencies happen, claim damages if their belongings are missing or call for medical assistance on the road.
Nickel said travel insurance has limitations and exclusions to certain pre-existing conditions. He said make sure any policy you buy will cover unforeseen events particular to your trip.
- Today is tax day. Here's what you need to know
- What's at stake in possible Bloomingdale's strike
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- SpaceX delays launch for secretive satellite for U.S. Intelligence agency