MADISON, Wis. - Amidst concerns of increasing rent in downtown Madison, Creative Learning Preschool and Childcare Center will be staying downtown, according to a release.
The child care center has purchased its longtime home at 105 S. Butler St., just off of the Capitol Square, officials said.
News 3 reported in September that downtown day cares are becoming rare in the area because of increasing rent.
But after a two-year capital campaign, Creative Learning will be able to stay downtown as the only public child care facility in central Madison, officials said.
"We are thrilled to be able to continue providing excellent early childhood education in downtown Madison," said Mary Flanner, the center's executive director. "Creative Learning has been a part of the capitol neighborhoods for decades, and we will continue to serve families who live or work downtown for generations to come."
The preschool closed on the building at the end of September, but is still taking donations online.
- Global cyberattack: A simple explanation
- For Kushner family, controversial visa program is big business
- Hollywood writers reach deal with studios
- Business wants Trump to stick with Paris climate accord
- Expanded laptop ban could cover half a million travelers a day
- Computer meltdown may cost British Airways over $100 million