MADISON, Wis. - A man is facing a charge after police said he attacked another man on State Street Sunday night.
Madison police said 43-year-old William J. Siler told police he was in a prized panhandling spot at 6:20 p.m. in the 500 block of State Street when another man told him to move.
Police said Siler punched the 59-year-old man nearly a dozen times after pushing him up against a wall.
A witness told police the 59-year-old's head was bouncing off the wall as Siler struck him.
The older man was taken to the hospital with multiple head injuries, according to the report.
Police arrested Siler on suspicion of battery. According to police, Siler is homeless.
- Today is tax day. Here's what you need to know
- Credit Suisse is raising $4 billion
- Trump campaigned against Wall Street. Now he embraces it
- Budget director: Trump would sign a funding bill without wall money
- Fox News anchor joins lawsuit alleging racial discrimination, harassment
- Government shutdown: Border wall money out, Obamacare fight on