MADISON, Wis. - A man is facing a charge after police said he attacked another man on State Street Sunday night.
Madison police said 43-year-old William J. Siler told police he was in a prized panhandling spot at 6:20 p.m. in the 500 block of State Street when another man told him to move.
Police said Siler punched the 59-year-old man nearly a dozen times after pushing him up against a wall.
A witness told police the 59-year-old's head was bouncing off the wall as Siler struck him.
The older man was taken to the hospital with multiple head injuries, according to the report.
Police arrested Siler on suspicion of battery. According to police, Siler is homeless.
- America's banks are really, really healthy
- Airbnb to call out 'premium' listings
- Lyft tells employees not to 'gloat' over Uber crises
- Hummus with pine nuts recalled amid listeria fears
- Mark Zuckerberg explains why he just changed Facebook's mission
- Hasbro has 'Monopoly' with toy fans as Mattel struggles