MADISON, Wis. - Homes sales in Wisconsin rose for the 20th consecutive month in February.
A report by the Wisconsin Realtors Association says sales increased nearly 12 percent compared to last February. The central region of the state saw particularly strong growth, with sales up 24 percent compared to last year.
Median home prices rose to $122,000 in February. That's a 6 percent increase over a year ago. While the majority of homes in Wisconsin sell between April and September, association board chairman Renny Diedrich says winter sales did pretty well.
December, January and February sales increased 14.5 percent compared to the same period in 2012.
- Trump signals Russia deal and slams 'obsolete' NATO
- South Korean prosecutors seek to arrest Samsung heir
- These 8 men are richer than 3.6 billion people combined
- 100-bolivar notes get extension as Venezuela crisis continues
- Billion dollar company plans for joint venture
- Superior boat builder secures $6M contract for Texas project