MADISON, Wis. - News 3 and Channel3000.com's parent company, Morgan Murphy Media, was one of nine family-owned Wisconsin businesses honored Thursday evening.
At a banquet in Madison, Morgan Murphy Media received a special distinction for "Connecting Generations to the Community" at a Madison banquet held by the Wisconsin Family Business of the Year Award.
"[The Murphy] family, and this company, have had a profound impact on the Madison Community," the award panel wrote in a statement. "They touch the lives of the communities they serve.
"Determination and commitment … have been key components of the Murphy/Murphy Burns family success over three generations and 57 years."
The Wisconsin Family Business of the Year Award organizers said winners were selected by an independent panel of judges from nominations submitted by companies.
Morgan Murphy Media operates four TV and four radio stations in Wisconsin plus Madison Magazine and Channel3000.com. The company also holds 14 other stations in Washington, Iowa and Idaho.
- Today is tax day. Here's what you need to know
- Jalapeno-flavored chips recalled over Salmonella fear
- Trump relies on 'dynamic scoring' to pay for tax cuts
- Malaysia Airlines CEO attempts 'greatest turnaround'
- Investors cheer as Macron emerges as favorite to lead France
- Why there was an anti-Elon Musk ad in your Sunday paper