MADISON, Wis. - News 3 and Channel3000.com's parent company, Morgan Murphy Media, was one of nine family-owned Wisconsin businesses honored Thursday evening.
At a banquet in Madison, Morgan Murphy Media received a special distinction for "Connecting Generations to the Community" at a Madison banquet held by the Wisconsin Family Business of the Year Award.
"[The Murphy] family, and this company, have had a profound impact on the Madison Community," the award panel wrote in a statement. "They touch the lives of the communities they serve.
"Determination and commitment … have been key components of the Murphy/Murphy Burns family success over three generations and 57 years."
The Wisconsin Family Business of the Year Award organizers said winners were selected by an independent panel of judges from nominations submitted by companies.
Morgan Murphy Media operates four TV and four radio stations in Wisconsin plus Madison Magazine and Channel3000.com. The company also holds 14 other stations in Washington, Iowa and Idaho.
- The most expensive city to live in 2017 is ...
- Lawsuit to claim Trump is violating Constitution
- Samsung blames batteries for Galaxy Note 7 fires
- Trump to begin renegotiating NAFTA with leaders of Mexico, Canada
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Trump's DC hotel is the new legal hot spot in town