MADISON, Wis. - Gov. Scott Walker and government and business representatives are returning from a trade mission to China.
They visited Beijing, Tianjin, Harbin and Shanghai during the 10-day trip to Wisconsin's largest export market. Walker met with Chinese provincial governors, representatives from China's water and wood sectors, and visited Wisconsin businesses operating in China.
Walker said he believes healthy dialogues between U.S. and Chinese governments is key to sustaining a good economic relationship. He said the real work on the trade mission is done before and after the trip.
- Powerball ticket sold in Indiana hits $435M jackpot
- Trader Joe's apple sauces recalled
- Cooperative mergers shrink Wisconsin dairy farmers' options
- Tunisian entrepreneurs get powerful ally in D.C. startup
- Improved technology saves maple syrup producers time, energy
- Consumer Reports: Winter coat and car seat safety