MADISON, Wis. - The general manager of Bonfyre American Grille said the restaurant will reopen Wednesday after a ceiling fire shut down the restaurant since Dec. 29.
In an e-mail message Friday evening announcing the reopening, Patrick Quinlan, restaurant manager, said Bonfyre has attempted to look at the positives of the situation.
"The fact that no one was injured in the incident is remarkable," Quinlan wrote. "Although the damage was significant to our team members, guests and business, it was not as extensive, nor as detrimental to our neighbors as it could have been."
Madison Fire Department officials said the fire started in the exhaust system at about 10:40 a.m. while restaurant employees were beginning preparations for the day. No one was injured but the restaurant suffered an estimated $100,000 loss.
- Today is tax day. Here's what you need to know
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- Shredfest helps protect more than 1,100 people's identities
- 'Life goes on': Production ends at Oscar Mayer plant
- SpaceX delays launch for secretive satellite for U.S. Intelligence agency
- Restaurant to leave Trump Soho Hotel