MADISON, Wis. - From Lakefront Brewery in Milwaukee to Angry Minnow Brewing Co., in Minocqua, Wis., is home to dozens of regional breweries, microbreweries and brewpubs.
The Brewers Association said there are nearly 100 breweries in Wisconsin of all sizes. More than two dozen others are in the planning states around the state.
Too much competition or oversaturation? Sprecher Brewing Co. President Jeff Hamilton doesn't think so. He predicted another five or six years of industry growth before some breweries will fold.
South Shore Brewery owner Bo Belanger is president of the Wisconsin Brewers Guild. He told Wisconsin Public Radio there's plenty of room for more craft breweries, since they account for just 5 percent of beer sold in Wisconsin. Craft beer captures 30 percent of the market in some other states.
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Drugmaker fined $100M for hiking price 85,000%
- Government sues America's largest student loan company
- Schumer: Mulvaney disqualified for budget director job due to unpaid taxes
- Wilbur Ross deceived by undocumented household worker
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs