OWATONNA, Minn. - Caterpillar says it plans to close its plant in southern Minnesota and shift work to Wisconsin and Georgia.
The plant in the Steele County community of Owatonna employs about 100 and will close in March 2013.
Caterpillar spokeswoman Rachel Potts said the forest products plant will "ramp down" production between now and the targeted closing date. She said Owatonna production will be shifted to plants in Prentice, Wis., and LaGrange, Ga.
Potts told the People's Press the plant will be sold.
- Brexit ruling: UK Supreme Court gives parliament Article 50 vote
- Kroger is hiring 10,000 workers
- Trump labor pick: 52% of country is dependent on government, 'votes benefits to themselves'
- First low-cost Asian airline cleared for flights to the US
- TPP vs RCEP vs NAFTA? Trade deals explained
- Samsung is making huge profits as Note 7 crisis fades