OWATONNA, Minn. - Caterpillar says it plans to close its plant in southern Minnesota and shift work to Wisconsin and Georgia.
The plant in the Steele County community of Owatonna employs about 100 and will close in March 2013.
Caterpillar spokeswoman Rachel Potts said the forest products plant will "ramp down" production between now and the targeted closing date. She said Owatonna production will be shifted to plants in Prentice, Wis., and LaGrange, Ga.
Potts told the People's Press the plant will be sold.
- Today is tax day. Here's what you need to know
- SpaceX to launch secretive satellite
- Restaurant to leave Trump Soho Hotel
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- In Trump's White House, CEOs shape economic policy
- New York's most luxurious public restroom just got a $300,000 makeover