OWATONNA, Minn. - Caterpillar says it plans to close its plant in southern Minnesota and shift work to Wisconsin and Georgia.
The plant in the Steele County community of Owatonna employs about 100 and will close in March 2013.
Caterpillar spokeswoman Rachel Potts said the forest products plant will "ramp down" production between now and the targeted closing date. She said Owatonna production will be shifted to plants in Prentice, Wis., and LaGrange, Ga.
Potts told the People's Press the plant will be sold.
- Trump to begin renegotiating NAFTA with leaders of Mexico, Canada
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Trump's DC hotel is the new legal hot spot in town
- Conway: Trump will not release tax returns
- Here's how much Obama's pension is worth
- Apple sues Qualcomm for nearly $1 billion