WAUKESHA, Wis. - The parent company of Superior Dairy hopes to add the Golden Guernsey Dairy plant in Waukesha to its holdings.
A company trustee says LEL Operating Co. has made a $5.5 million bid for the plant and put down a $500,000 deposit.
The plant closed two months ago and its owner filed for bankruptcy. A private equity firm from Los Angeles, Calif., bought the plant in 2011 and shut down the company Jan. 5, resulting in the loss of more than 100 jobs. The dairy processor has been in the Milwaukee area for more than 80 years.
Randy Roskom worked for Golden Guernsey for 16 years. He told WISN-TV he's hopeful about the latest development because he hasn't been able to find another job.
- Brexit ruling: UK Supreme Court gives parliament Article 50 vote
- Two Breitbart staffers join Trump administration
- State manufacturing tax credit continues to grow
- Schumer, Democrats try to split Trump and Hill GOP over infrastructure
- Russians ditch legal booze as moonshine sales spike
- GM paid $1.3 million to buy back its cool 1960s research car