JANESVILLE, Wis. - A Silver Alert for a missing Deerfield woman has been canceled after she was found safely in Illinois, officials said.
Law enforcement officers had contact with 64-year-old Kathleen Featherston Thursday before she was reported missing, according to a release. She was last seen around 11:50 p.m. on Thursday.
Featherston told officers she was homeless and was on her way to Rockford, Illinois, officials said. She was given a ride to the Janesville TA Travel Center, and arrived just before midnight. We was reported missing Friday around 7:30 a.m.
Featherston was found in Illinois and was being transported back to Deerfield, according to a press release by the Dane County Sheriff's Office.
- School celebrates 50th birthday for dishwasher who raises money for charity every birthday
- Body cam footage shows Walker's son offering to walk back to governor's mansion
- Amputee designs prosthetic skate for little boy
- Call for Action: Despite millions of dollars in state grants, many still don't have rural internet
- On-campus incidents have UW SAFEwalk calls skyrocketing
- Parisi: Affordable driver's ed program reaches six more school districts