MAZOMANIE, Wis. - A Mazomanie family was displaced after a fire at their home late Saturday, the Dane County Sheriff's Office said.
Emergency crews responded to the home at 417 Meadow Lane in Mazomanie at 11:05 p.m. after the family reported seeing smoke in their garage. All five family members exited the home safely, officials said in a news release.
The fire is believed to have started from a vehicle in the garage which was undergoing repairs, and is not considered suspicious, the release said. The house is considered a total loss.
A damage estimate is not available Sunday morning, officials said.
No one was injured in the fire. The Red Cross is helping the displaced family, the release said.
- Car crashes into Stoughton home
- Wisconsin inmate says flawed FBI hair, fiber analysis forced him to take 50-year prison plea deal
- Motorcyclist dies and passenger injured after striking deer in Mazomanie
- Court records: Man arrested for OWI in Green County served time for 2002 homicide
- Jefferson transforms for Harry Potter Festival
- Motorcycle driver taken to hospital after crash