MILWAUKEE - Marquette 75, North Carolina Central 66: Vander Blue and Junior Cadougan scored 16 points apiece as the Golden Eagles held off the visiting Eagles.
Todd Mayo added 12 points off the bench and Davante Gardner scored 10 for Marquette (9-3), which improved to 7-0 at home.
Jeremy Ingram scored 20 points and Stanton Kidd had 19 and eight rebounds for N.C. Central (6-7).
The Golden Eagles led by as much as 10 points after back-to-back baskets to begin the second half but N.C. Central never let it slip further than that and chipped away over the next 12 minutes before finally pulling even at 60 on Ingram's layup with 6:27 left.
The Eagles went over three minutes without a field goal following Ingram's layup, allowing Marquette to pull back in front 67-60. Ray Willis ended N.C. Central's drought with a 3-pointer, but Cadougan hit a pair of free throws and Blue drained a 3-pointer to put it away for the Golden Eagles.
GAME NOTEBOOK: Marquette improved to 27-0 all-time against MEAC schools. … The Golden Eagles have won 16 straight home games overall and begin Big East play by hosting Connecticut on Tuesday. … Marquette shot 60 percent from the field to help overcome 20 turnovers.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say