STURGEON BAY, Wis. - Authorities have identified the two men who died when their kayaks capsized in Lake Michigan off the shores of Door County.
WLUK-TV reported that 29-year-old Mathew Tauferner of Sturgeon Bay and 21-year-old Dylan Dohr of Clintonville died Friday while kayaking about 100 yards from shore northeast of Sturgeon Bay.
Sheriff's officials say Dohr was a Marine stationed in California and was home on leave.
Authorities say neither was wearing a life jacket. The water temperature was about 43 degrees.
- Wisconsin farmers help harvest corn after neighbor dies
- Car crashes into Stoughton home
- Wisconsin inmate says flawed FBI hair, fiber analysis forced him to take 50-year prison plea deal
- Motorcyclist dies and passenger injured after striking deer in Mazomanie
- Court records: Man arrested for OWI in Green County served time for 2002 homicide
- Jefferson transforms for Harry Potter Festival