CROSS PLAINS, Wis. - A man is facing OWI charges after he tried to ram his car into a Dane County sheriff's squad car this weekend.
A person reported seeing David Gilmore in Cross Plains on Saturday night around 8:30 p.m. wandering around and that he appeared confused. The 56-year-old eventually found his way back to his car and tried to drive away multiple times when a Cross Plains officer tried to pull him over, police said.
Sheriff's deputies eventually came in to help, which is when Gilmore tried to leave by ramming his car into two squad cars, police said.
No one was injured in the incident. Police said that the incident involved low speeds at 5 to 10 mph.
- Police find 20 bullet casings in far east side park
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution