CROSS PLAINS, Wis. - A man is facing OWI charges after he tried to ram his car into a Dane County sheriff's squad car this weekend.
A person reported seeing David Gilmore in Cross Plains on Saturday night around 8:30 p.m. wandering around and that he appeared confused. The 56-year-old eventually found his way back to his car and tried to drive away multiple times when a Cross Plains officer tried to pull him over, police said.
Sheriff's deputies eventually came in to help, which is when Gilmore tried to leave by ramming his car into two squad cars, police said.
No one was injured in the incident. Police said that the incident involved low speeds at 5 to 10 mph.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say