A 52-year-old man is facing his eighth drunken driving charge after a traffic stop on a rural Iowa County road, officials said.
The Iowa County Sheriff's Office said a deputy stopped a vehicle Sunday at 5:47 p.m. on County Road YZ near County Road Z.
Keven Hughes of Arena was arrested on suspicion of eighth-offense operating while intoxicated and a probation violation, according to the report.
Hughes was taken to the Iowa County Jail, the sheriff's office said. Hughes remains in custody on a hold through the Wisconsin Department of Corrections.
- Vet: Quick action saved dog who swallowed nails; Humane Society: 'This is now on our radar'
- State receives $20,000 grant to combat drugged driving
- Janesville police share internet safety tips for parents
- Facing deadline, most Wisconsin dairy farms find new buyer
- Congress considers removal of FDA oversight to e-cigarettes
- Madison middle school to require student uniforms