LINDEN, Wis. - A 47-year-old man from Linden, Wis., was arrested on suspicion of recklessly endangering safety after authorities said he threatened a man with a weapon.
The Iowa County Sheriff's Department said deputies responded to a report of a man with a knife at a farm early Tuesday morning.
Jeronimo Hilario-Ortiz was working as a farm hand at 252 Highway 39 when he allegedly threatened another man with a knife, Sheriff Steve Michek said.
Hilario-Ortiz was taken to Iowa County Jail and charged with second-degree reckless endangering safety and bail jumping, the sheriff's department said.
According to the report, Hilario-Ortiz was being held at the jail on a $1,000 cash bond and a hold through the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.
- Stoughton man critical after rollover crash
- 30 missing after avalanche buries Italian hotel
- One injured after stabbing in Madison
- Grocery store offers 'ugly' produce to combat food waste
- Missing Marathon County man found safe
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'