DANE COUNTY, Wis. - A man attempted suicide with a jail-issued razor blade in the Dane County Jail Friday night.
At approximately 8:30 p.m. a deputy conducting a safety and security check saw blood on the floor of the inmate's unit. The inmate had cut into his left arm with the razor blade.
Deputies took life-saving measures and stopped the blood flow with a tourniquet.
The Madison Fire Department and EMS responded and transported the inmate to the hospital. He was treated and then returned to the jail.
- Family, friends still waiting for answers in death of windsurfer
- Gard family launches Iowa County Cancer Coalition
- AG: DCI responds to officer-involved shooting death in Columbia County
- USS Indianapolis wreckage discovered; One of last survivors recalls harrowing ordeal
- Quidditch tournament comes to Madison's Breese Stevens Field
- 1st human West Nile case of year confirmed in state