DANE COUNTY, Wis. - A man attempted suicide with a jail-issued razor blade in the Dane County Jail Friday night.
At approximately 8:30 p.m. a deputy conducting a safety and security check saw blood on the floor of the inmate's unit. The inmate had cut into his left arm with the razor blade.
Deputies took life-saving measures and stopped the blood flow with a tourniquet.
The Madison Fire Department and EMS responded and transported the inmate to the hospital. He was treated and then returned to the jail.
- Officer injured when OWI driver strikes squad car, police say
- 5th person dies from Didion Milling explosion injuries
- Attorneys to meet Monday on youth prison plan after judge orders changes
- UWPD K9 Casey retires after 10 years of service
- Analysis finds lead in 1 in 5 baby food samples
- First alert traffic: NB interstate backed up 12 miles; Drivers delayed 75 minutes