MADISON, Wis. - A 35-year-old Madison man has been arrested after a woman claimed the man tried to use a cellphone to take a photograph up her skirt, Madison police said.
Madison police arrested Ryan Y. Przedwiecki last week following an incident at an East Side grocery store.
The last incident happened around 5:15 p.m. last Tuesday at the Hy-Vee grocery store in the 3800 block of East Washington Avenue, police said.
A 22-year-old woman told police that she was grocery shopping when she turned to find the man sticking his cellphone under her garment in an attempt to take a photograph.
Police said the victim confronted Przedwiecki, and he was held by store security until police arrived. Police found the cellphone and said they found two other "up-skirt" photos on the cellphone's camera of two other victims.
The woman later told the officer, "I thought what a creep to do this, and then I thought how many others has he photographed?"
Madison police said the suspect is on probation for similar behavior.
Przedwiecki was arrested on charges of disorderly conduct and on a probation violation, police said.
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'
- County leaders announce effort to increase access to services for sexual assault victims
- Man barricaded in house with guns, ammunition surrenders, police say
- Local musician, drum instructor charged with possession of child porn