WISCONSIN RAPIDS, Wis. - A man charged with killing his child's mother pleaded not guilty in Wood County on Monday.
Twenty-year-old Gabriel Campos is charged with first-degree intentional homicide in the death of 18-year-old Maisie McCullough. Her body was found Sept. 7 in the bathtub of the home the couple once shared. The couple's 2-year-old son was with Campos when he turned himself in to authorities the next day.
An autopsy showed McCullough was stabbed in the back and her throat was cut. WAOW-TV reported Campos is in Wood County Jail on $5 million bond.
- Law enforcement warns of dangerous, ice-covered roads
- Lowell Elementary School closed due to flooding, officials say
- District: Some Janesville school bus routes canceled because of slippery roads
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need