Maintenance man prevents carbon monoxide leak from becoming deadly
Dale was doing a routine inspection to prevent flooding
What could have been a deadly carbon monoxide leak was caught Monday night thanks to the rain and a routine inspection.
Bryce Dale, the maintenance manager at the Holiday Apartments in the Town of Blooming Grove said he smelled natural gas and called MG&E while he was getting ready for flooding.
The town’s fire chief said the carbon monoxide levels in the building were dangerously high and Dale probably saved lives.
But Dale says he’s just glad no one was hurt.
“Like I told the owner of the apartment complex out there, his on-site maintenance man is basically a hero,” said Glenn Linzmeier, Blooming Grove fire chief.
“I’m just glad everyone is safe and everything turned out OK and I’m just glad I was, where I was at the time,” said Dale.
The apartment did end up flooding, which has now been fixed.
As for Dale, the complex owner took him out for lunch for all his hard work.
Copyright 2013 by Channel 3000. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.