MADISON, Wis. - "Men's Health" ranked Madison the fourth sportiest city in America in the October issue.
The list covers the 100 best places to partake in and watch including football, basketball, golf, hockey, baseball, surfing, archery and dog sled racing.
The article credits much of Madison's reputation as a sports city to the University of Wisconsin-Madison sports teams, mentioning back-to-back Final Four runs in the men's NCAA basketball tournament in 2014 and 2015.
There is also an emphasis on Madison parks in the article, saying that there are 10.2 basketball hoops per 10,000 residents and 7.4 playgrounds per 10,000 residents.
Austin, Texas was ranked in first place, with Anchorage, Alaska and Raleigh, North Carolina following in second and third, respectively.
- Long-time Kohl's CEO Kevin Mansell to retire
- Jury finds Jakubowski guilty of stealing guns
- Madison man arrested in connection with gas station shooting, police say
- Rep. Pocan takes knee on House floor in solidarity with NFL players
- DOT Inspector General will look for cost savings, efficiencies
- Marshall man arrested in North Dakota with 40 pounds of marijuana