MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was robbed in an Uber after falling asleep during his ordered ride, according to a report from the Madison Police Department.
The man ordered an Uber from University Avenue downtown and fell asleep in the car. He awoke on Grand Teton Plaza, not the destination he submitted on the popular ride-sharing app.
The driver and another man refused to let the victim out of the vehicle, police said. They punched him and stole his wallet before forcibly removing him from the vehicle.
Madison police have not released the names of anyone involved in the incident. The investigation is ongoing, police said in the report.
- 2 men shot in lower extremities on Madison's east side, police say
- Stoughton man arrested on fifth offense driving while intoxicated
- The art of gratitude: Doctors say giving thanks improves your health
- Protesters rally to urge Paul Ryan to pass Dream Act
- Scam artists target older Madisonians, asks them to send cash
- Keep pets safe during the holidays: Top 10 food toxins to avoid