MADISON, Wis. - A Madison man was robbed in an Uber after falling asleep during his ordered ride, according to a report from the Madison Police Department.
The man ordered an Uber from University Avenue downtown and fell asleep in the car. He awoke on Grand Teton Plaza, not the destination he submitted on the popular ride-sharing app.
The driver and another man refused to let the victim out of the vehicle, police said. They punched him and stole his wallet before forcibly removing him from the vehicle.
Madison police have not released the names of anyone involved in the incident. The investigation is ongoing, police said in the report.
- Fire caused by grill at Madison Mallards Duck Blind contained
- 20-year-old dies in single-vehicle crash
- Officials say gunman responsible for Tennessee church shooting is captured
- Aaron Rodgers posts Instagram picture in response to Trump's comments
- Enbridge Line 3 pipeline debate to have public hearings
- In Wisconsin, GOP pushes to terminate sulfide mining moratorium