MADISON, Wis. - A family is displaced after fire in their dryer overnight, according to a release from the Madison Fire Department.
Firefighters were called at 3:16 a.m. Tuesday to a home in the 1100 block of Valley Stream Drive on a report of a structure fire. They found light smoke in the entryway.
Heavy smoke and fire were found in the basement and extinguished.
Officials said the fire started in a clothes dryer in the basement, and has been ruled accidental.
According to a release, the fire started because of improper maintenance of the lint trap and vent tubing.
Damage is estimated at $35,000.
The Red Cross is assisting the family of five adults, two children and three dogs.
- Wisconsin farmers help harvest corn after neighbor dies
- Car crashes into Stoughton home
- Wisconsin inmate says flawed FBI hair, fiber analysis forced him to take 50-year prison plea deal
- Motorcyclist dies and passenger injured after striking deer in Mazomanie
- Court records: Man arrested for OWI in Green County served time for 2002 homicide
- Jefferson transforms for Harry Potter Festival