MADISON - Lodi didn't want to end their season here again, not after last year's State Semifinal loss. So, they dug deep and won the game at the line as time ran out on East Troy. The Blue Devils advanced to the Division Three Final with a 54-46 win.
The Blue Devils almost let the game slip away in the final minute.
Leading 46-44, Jordan Shea threw an errant inbound pass that was stolen by Will Ilociae, who scored to the the game at 46.
Shea more than made up for his mistake. He responded with a pair of free throws at the other end; and finished with a game-high 21 points. As a team, the Blue Devils shot 9-9 from the free throw line.
Lodi will play Aquinas Saturday in the Division Three Championship. That one tips at approximately 5:00 p.m. at the Kohl Center.
In Division Two, Stoughton made its first appearance at the state boys basketball tournament since 1939, but the Vikings fell behind early and Wisconsin Lutheran came away with a 54-38 win.
Nick McGlynn led Stoughton with 8 points and 9 rebounds, but the Vikings committed 20 turnovers as Wisco had 14 steals in the game.
Stoughton finishes the season with a 17-9 record.
Wisconsin Lutheran will play Pulaski for the Division Two state championship Saturday
- Police: Teens try to open Madison girl's car door, flash gun at her
- Sonar scans help divers target Lake Erie plane crash search
- Suspected drunken driver hits car in oncoming lane, police say
- Teens say armed man asked them to get in car, police say
- Couple heard window being opened, scared off a would-be burglar, PD says
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK