KENOSHA, Wis. - Rep. Paul Ryan may be running for vice president, but his congressional challenger wants to meet him in two debates.
Democrat Rob Zerban, a former Kenosha County board member, is running to unseat Ryan in Wisconsin's 1st Congressional District.
Zerban's campaign says several groups have offered to sponsor a pair of debates, which they've accepted, but to which Ryan's campaign has not responded.
Ryan already has a debate against Vice President Joe Biden on October 11 in Danville, Ky.
If Ryan wins both races, a special election would be held to fill the congressional seat.
- Report: State trooper faces child porn charges
- State schools superintendent field to be narrowed
- Shell casings found after gunshots heard in Fitchburg
- Madison police investigate attempted homicide
- Hotel Week attracts visitors and locals
- City clerk expects higher voter turnout for spring primary election than recent years