KENOSHA, Wis. - Rep. Paul Ryan may be running for vice president, but his congressional challenger wants to meet him in two debates.
Democrat Rob Zerban, a former Kenosha County board member, is running to unseat Ryan in Wisconsin's 1st Congressional District.
Zerban's campaign says several groups have offered to sponsor a pair of debates, which they've accepted, but to which Ryan's campaign has not responded.
Ryan already has a debate against Vice President Joe Biden on October 11 in Danville, Ky.
If Ryan wins both races, a special election would be held to fill the congressional seat.
- Criminal charges being considered against student who posted threatening picture
- Former village employee arrested on water meter tampering, theft charges
- MPD: Car hit with gunfire, no injuries reported in west side shooting
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Darlington officer spooks masked men, thwarts theft of UTV, police say
- Milwaukee man charged in Appleton police shooting incident