PORTAGE, Wis. - A man is dead after a cement form fell on him at Wieser Concrete Friday afternoon, officials said.
Crews were dispatched at 2 p.m. to 2815 Riley Rd in Portage, officials said.
Police confirmed a Wieser employee was found dead on the site. Authorities will release the victim's identity, once the family is notified.
According to a report, it appears that some of the supports connected to the support chains had pulled away from the heavy cement causing the form to drop.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration responded to the scene and are continuing their investigation early next week, according to the report.
The company's website says it makes precast concrete products for agricultural, highway and commercial industries.
- Police arrest suspected heroin dealers, seize 3 guns, $28K cash
- Russian officials: We're not counting on Trump to lift sanctions
- Pocan compliments Trump before skipping inauguration
- UW-Madison athletics employee fired
- 20-year-old UW-Whitewater student dies of brain injury
- Republican lawmakers differ on state superintendent race