PORTAGE, Wis. - A man is dead after a cement form fell on him at Wieser Concrete Friday afternoon, officials said.
Crews were dispatched at 2 p.m. to 2815 Riley Rd in Portage, officials said.
Police confirmed a Wieser employee was found dead on the site. Authorities will release the victim's identity, once the family is notified.
According to a report, it appears that some of the supports connected to the support chains had pulled away from the heavy cement causing the form to drop.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration responded to the scene and are continuing their investigation early next week, according to the report.
The company's website says it makes precast concrete products for agricultural, highway and commercial industries.
- Pedestrian killed in Walworth County crash
- Thousands participate in Madison March for Science
- Friends, family send off 85 National Guard members
- Body pulled out of Kinnickinnic River in Milwaukee
- Signs go up in Racine marking Frank Lloyd Wright Trail
- DNR: Alcohol may be involved in Lake Wisconsin boat crash