VERONA, Wis. - Workers started the demolition phase on Country View Elementary this week after an EF3 tornado caused significant damage last week.
The storms damaged about 17,000 square feet of the building.
The superintendent said much of the $3 million to $4 million in damage will be covered by insurance, which includes a new roof.
Repairs should start this week, and district officials still hope they'll have access to the building before school starts this fall.
- Circus World director 'optimistic' in wake of Ringling Bros. shutdown
- Missing Beloit man found dead
- Billion dollar company plans for joint venture
- Superior boat builder secures $6M contract for Texas project
- Man suffers serious injuries in snowmobile rollover
- Janesville police looking for accused Target thief