VERONA, Wis. - Workers started the demolition phase on Country View Elementary this week after an EF3 tornado caused significant damage last week.
The storms damaged about 17,000 square feet of the building.
The superintendent said much of the $3 million to $4 million in damage will be covered by insurance, which includes a new roof.
Repairs should start this week, and district officials still hope they'll have access to the building before school starts this fall.
- Former village employee arrested on water meter tampering, theft charges
- MPD: Car hit with gunfire, no injuries reported in west side shooting
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Darlington officer spooks masked men, thwarts theft of UTV, police say
- Milwaukee man charged in Appleton police shooting incident
- Janesville school board looks to revise policy, boost attendance