VERONA, Wis. - Workers started the demolition phase on Country View Elementary this week after an EF3 tornado caused significant damage last week.
The storms damaged about 17,000 square feet of the building.
The superintendent said much of the $3 million to $4 million in damage will be covered by insurance, which includes a new roof.
Repairs should start this week, and district officials still hope they'll have access to the building before school starts this fall.
- MPD: Around 12,000 attend 2017 Mifflin Street Block Party; no serious incidents
- Officials identify woman killed in Middleton homicide; suspect in custody
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns