MADISON, Wis. - Investigators say wood coals from a pizza oven caused a garage fire that the homeowner extinguished using a garden hose.
The Black Earth Fire Department was called to 8925 Table Bluff Road in the town of Berry at 1:18 a.m. Tuesday for a report of a residential garage fire.
Dane County deputies said the fire started when extinguished wood coals from a pizza oven were placed in a plastic bucket in the garage, causing a gas can to ignite.
The fire damaged the outside wall of the attached garage and a car doing about $35,000 in damage.26414840
- Woman suffers broken nose from fruit thrown from balcony
- Glass packaging flaw prompts beer recall
- Winter weather could slow Wednesday commute
- $1M lottery ticket sold in Madison expires soon
- Men to be without safe, sober home with no live-in manager
- Ho-Chunk casino could draw $37 million from other casinos