MADISON, Wis. - Investigators say wood coals from a pizza oven caused a garage fire that the homeowner extinguished using a garden hose.
The Black Earth Fire Department was called to 8925 Table Bluff Road in the town of Berry at 1:18 a.m. Tuesday for a report of a residential garage fire.
Dane County deputies said the fire started when extinguished wood coals from a pizza oven were placed in a plastic bucket in the garage, causing a gas can to ignite.
The fire damaged the outside wall of the attached garage and a car doing about $35,000 in damage.26414840
- Two people shot at while in a car on Madison's east side
- Dick's Sporting Goods windows smashed, teen arrested
- Dog recovering after eating nails wrapped in hot dogs; Police look for person who left them
- Dating apps pose risk to teenagers, expert says
- Lawsuit over baked goods ban heads to court
- FDA issues warning letters over 'bogus cancer cures'