MADISON, Wis. - Two men, one of them armed with a handgun, robbed two women as they walked on a Madison street early Sunday morning, according to a release from Madison police.
The victims, a 27- and 28-year-old, said they were walking in the 100 block of North Blair Street when the men approached them around 3:40 a.m. They took money and a cellphone.
One of the men is described as black, in his late 20s, 5 feet 7 inches to 5 feet 8 inches tall, weighing 175 pounds with a dark complexion and wearing a black hooded sweatshirt. The other man is described as black, in his late 20s, 6 feet tall and wearing a black hooded sweatshirt.
The women were shaken but not physically injured, police said.Madison crime map
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says
- Widow of slayed Racine man wants ban of hollow-point bullets
- Wisconsin tribes clash in casino expansion fight