MADISON, Wis. - Two older women stole $1,600 worth of testosterone boosters from the Complete Nutrition store in East Towne Mall, the store's manager said.
The theft happened around 1 p.m. Tuesday as the manager was helping another customer at the cash register.
Security camera video shows one of the women stuffing bottles valued at $180 apiece into her pocket while the other woman asks how much they cost, manager Derek Brown said.
"They literally walked out very casually -- they were not in a hurry," he said. "I don't know what they did when they left the door, but it's not that far from here to the food court."
The customer Brown was helping asked if he had sensors to catch a theft, informing the manager that the women had just stolen some items.
Nate Ohlrich, the co-owner of the Complete Nutrition store, said Madison police let him know the thieves would be hard to catch without shots of their entire faces.
Police have no suspects and no one in custody, Lt. Cory Nelson said.Women steal testosterone from East Side store
A spokeswoman for East Towne Mall didn't return a phone call Tuesday afternoon.
While people have stolen items from the store before, it's never been of such a high value, Brown said.
"I've only got two eyes, and I want to give customers the best service I can," he said. "You can only do so much as one person."
Brown said the women looked to be 55 to 60 years old.
- Silver Alert issued for missing Marathon County man
- Police: Boy, 12, to officers at mall: 'I'm going to kill you, your wife, your children'
- Man shot in face testifies in homicide trial of Sophea Mouth
- Man suspected in another downtown Madison car break-in
- Pharmaceutical center in LaCrosse announces layoffs
- Warmer weather creates bumpy ride for drivers