MADISON, Wis. - Two Madison women were arrested after police tracked thieves who struck three retail stores Wednesday.
The first theft was reported at Old Navy on East Springs Drive. A security officer told police they tried to stop a woman spotted with a bulging purse full of stolen clothing. The thieves laughed at the officer and jumped into a waiting SUV, according to the security officer.
Police said the same women were then spotted stealing $270 worth of fake hair from Sally Beauty Supply at 678 S. Whitney Way before fleeing.
Police said the suspect's vehicle was spotted minutes later outside the T.J. Maxx at Westgate Mall. One of the suspects was described as having hair shaved on three sides with the rest dyed neon green, pink, orange and black. Witnesses also said this same woman had a "very long, face-length curl that covers the left side of her face.
Officers said they spotted the woman and arrested her and her accomplice.
Ronda R. Alexander, 24, and Shatanae A. Mims, 28, were arrested on suspicion on three counts each of retail theft.
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two