MADISON, Wis. - A Verona woman lost her car and her dog Saturday night when a thief stole her car and let her dog loose, according to Madison police.
The 30-year-old woman was downtown with her husband to meet friends when they spotted her 2-year-old Austrian lab mix running in the 500 block of East Washington Avenue at about 8 p.m. The dog had been in the car which was parked in the 700 block of Main Street.
The victim's 2003 Ford Focus was stolen. The woman told police the keys were in the ignition because the car has starting issues.
Police said the car and dog are still missing. The dog, Jed, is wearing a red collar with no tags.
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI