MADISON, Wis. - A Verona woman lost her car and her dog Saturday night when a thief stole her car and let her dog loose, according to Madison police.
The 30-year-old woman was downtown with her husband to meet friends when they spotted her 2-year-old Austrian lab mix running in the 500 block of East Washington Avenue at about 8 p.m. The dog had been in the car which was parked in the 700 block of Main Street.
The victim's 2003 Ford Focus was stolen. The woman told police the keys were in the ignition because the car has starting issues.
Police said the car and dog are still missing. The dog, Jed, is wearing a red collar with no tags.
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land