MADISON, Wis. - The Madison Police Department said an armed man fled empty-handed from an Allied Drive apartment Tuesday night after the 69-year-old resident grabbed a metal walking cane and began swinging at him.
The victim and her 79-year-old husband were both home when the stranger entered through the front door at about 11:16 p.m. Police said he pointed a handgun at the couple and demanded money.
The man and woman told police they were not injured, although the 79-year-old said he had been pushed onto a couch.
According to the report, the intruder was described as a black man between 5 feet 8 inches and 5 feet 10 inches tall, and he was clean-shaven with short hair. Police said he was wearing a black shirt and gray basketball shorts and had a black T-shirt over his head.
- Grant County school bus crash injures two
- Milwaukee TV station receives letter from author claiming to be Jakubowski
- Drugged driving deaths surpass drunken driving fatalities
- Police: Man who threw May Day Molotov cocktail arrested in Elkhart
- 2 kayakers die after boats capsizes in Lake Michigan
- Stoughton man faces felony 7th OWI