A woman who reportedly fell from a moving pickup truck in Marathon County has died.
Sheriff's officials said 27-year-old Catherine Borchardt died Tuesday of injuries sustained early Sunday morning. The driver of the pickup, Brandon Bender, has been criminally charged.
A complaint said Bender told authorities he and Borchardt had visited several bars in the Wausau area. The 27-year-old Antigo man told investigators he took a "hard left" on Highway 49 in Elderon and Borchardt fell out of the vehicle. The Wausau Daily Herald reported Bender took the woman to her house and called police after he realized she wasn't breathing.
Bender is being held in the Marathon County Jail on $25,000 bond.
- 75,000+ attend 'Women's March on Madison'
- Police looking for driver who fled after causing crash
- MPD: 9-month-old girl back safe after father refused to return her to mother
- Committee debates to keep or remove Monterrey Dam
- 2 teenagers chased by police die in car crash in Milwaukee
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire