MADISON, Wis. - A woman walking in an alley near Park Street was sexually assaulted early Friday morning, according to a release from University of Wisconsin Madison police.
The 21-year-old woman said was walking alone in an alley near 21 N. Park St. at 1:30 a.m. after a night out with friends in the State Street area when the assault occurred.
The man fled west toward Park Street, police said.
The man is described as white, in his early 20s, 5 feet 11 inches to 6 feet 2 inches tall with a muscular build, brown spiked hair and facial stubble. He was last seen wearing a red shirt.
Police said they don't believe this case is connected to another sexual assault reported earlier this week.
Anyone with information is asked to contact UW police at 608-264-2677.Madison crime map
- Former village employee arrested on water meter tampering, theft charges
- MPD: Car hit with gunfire, no injuries reported in west side shooting
- Deputy: 1 ejected, several injured in school bus vs. dump truck crash
- Darlington officer spooks masked men, thwarts theft of UTV, police say
- Milwaukee man charged in Appleton police shooting incident
- Janesville school board looks to revise policy, boost attendance