MADISON, Wis. - A 22-year-old woman walking her dogs on Madison's near east side Sunday night was approached from behind and mugged, according to a release.
The woman was walking her dogs in the 1700 block of Fordem Avenue around 9 p.m. when a stranger spun her around, punched her in the face several times and pushed her to the ground, police said.
The attacker demanded her wallet and cellphone, but she didn't have either with her so the man kicked her in the ribs a couple of times before running away, according to the release.
The woman suffered facial injuries, and was not able to get a good look at the attacker, police said.
- Officials identify two men killed in Sheboygan plane crash
- CANCELED: Wisconsin River slow, no-wake order
- Janesville police take extra precautions after fentanyl found in area
- Forged letter criticizes local police chief
- DNR determines several factors led to Janesville fish kill
- Memorial Day travel expected to hit highest rate since 2005