MADISON, Wis. - A 22-year-old woman walking her dogs on Madison's near east side Sunday night was approached from behind and mugged, according to a release.
The woman was walking her dogs in the 1700 block of Fordem Avenue around 9 p.m. when a stranger spun her around, punched her in the face several times and pushed her to the ground, police said.
The attacker demanded her wallet and cellphone, but she didn't have either with her so the man kicked her in the ribs a couple of times before running away, according to the release.
The woman suffered facial injuries, and was not able to get a good look at the attacker, police said.
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later
- Plea deal reached in killing of 13-year-old girl in 1982
- Madison Club donation focuses on 100 Black Men, achievement gap
- Madison Metro bus driver retires after half a century
- City streets dept. denies telling MMSD roads were OK
- Icy conditions send more people to ER for falls