MADISON, Wis. - A 22-year-old woman walking her dogs on Madison's near east side Sunday night was approached from behind and mugged, according to a release.
The woman was walking her dogs in the 1700 block of Fordem Avenue around 9 p.m. when a stranger spun her around, punched her in the face several times and pushed her to the ground, police said.
The attacker demanded her wallet and cellphone, but she didn't have either with her so the man kicked her in the ribs a couple of times before running away, according to the release.
The woman suffered facial injuries, and was not able to get a good look at the attacker, police said.
- Hotel Week attracts visitors and locals
- City clerk expects higher voter turnout for spring primary election than recent years
- UW program helps local cheesemaker make Best of Show cheese
- Fires at 2 separate houses cause combined $330K in damage, officials say
- Secrecy of $1M settlement questioned
- Warmer temperatures pose risk to apple farmers, plants