LOWELL, Wis. - Authorities said a Dodge County woman was killed while walking her pets on the railroad tracks Saturday morning.
The Dodge County Sheriff's Department said 61-year-old Juanita Payton and her two dogs were walking south on the railroad tracks near the intersection of Blackbird and Chapel roads in Lowell. At about 10:18 a.m., she was struck by a train traveling south on the Union Pacific Railroad tracks.
Payton was pronounced dead at the scene by the Dodge County Medical Examiner's Office, the release said. The two dogs were also killed, the sheriff's department said.
The sheriff's department said the incident was still under investigation Saturday afternoon.
- Detectives seek help identifying burglar in surveillance pics
- Police find 20 bullet casings in far east side park
- Bill would limit influence of unions on public project bids
- Dane County inmate who was AWOL 10 days back in custody
- Lawmaker wants Milwaukee County sheriff removed
- State Democrats defend abortion access with resolution