JANESVILLE, Wis. - Rock County deputies responding to a minor accident arrested a Janesville woman on suspicion of an OWI with six children in the car.
The accident happened just before 7 p.m. Monday on West State Highway 11 at the intersection of South U.S. Highway 51 in the town of Rock.
While investigating the accident, deputies discovered the driver, Cassy Schuvinck-Samret, 30, was showing signs of impairment and admitted to drinking alcohol. After a field sobriety test, Schuvinck-Samret was placed under arrest for suspicion of OWI.
Six children, between the ages of 3 to 8 years old, were in the vehicle at the time of the arrest, deputies said. Two of the children were Schuvinck-Samret's, the other four were in her care at the time. Their parents picked them up at the scene.
Schyvinck-Samret was issued citations for operating while intoxicated with passengers under 16 years of age, prohibited alcohol concentration with passengers under 16 years of age, and operating without proof of insurance. Additional citations are possible after further investigations, according to deputies.
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend