MADISON, Wis. - A runner who found an envelope filled with hundreds of dollars in cash was connected with a woman who lost the envelope and never expected to see the cash again.
Madison police said the 21-year-old University of Wisconsin student who found the UW Credit Union envelope found it on a run Tuesday afternoon on a sidewalk on West Johnson Street near North Frances Street. There was no receipt or name to identify the owner of the cash.
Hours earlier, the 19-year-old who lost the cash contacted police to report the envelope missing figuring it was gone for good. Police said she was shocked when an officer delivered the envelope to her apartment.
- Poynette woman calls for action over million-dollar scam
- Warmer weather means construction starts on Capitol Square
- Family-owned business disputes child labor laws
- Memorial High all-school read sparks conversations about race, social justice
- DNR provides funding to remove lead service lines from homes
- Delavan man killed in motorcycle vs. tree crash, officials say