MADISON, Wis. - A runner who found an envelope filled with hundreds of dollars in cash was connected with a woman who lost the envelope and never expected to see the cash again.
Madison police said the 21-year-old University of Wisconsin student who found the UW Credit Union envelope found it on a run Tuesday afternoon on a sidewalk on West Johnson Street near North Frances Street. There was no receipt or name to identify the owner of the cash.
Hours earlier, the 19-year-old who lost the cash contacted police to report the envelope missing figuring it was gone for good. Police said she was shocked when an officer delivered the envelope to her apartment.
- Local Wisconsin man remembers meeting Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- Parents of girl charged in 'Slender Man' stabbing speak out
- 6-year-old girl buys birthday gifts for children in need
- Woman's self-written obituary goes viral
- Ryan meets in Janesville with police chiefs from across US
- Review: MSO, APT craft annual 'Beyond the Score' concert