MADISON, Wis. - A woman who tried to stop a thief from driving away with her money suffered road rash when she fell off the car Sunday night, according to Madison police.
The incident happened on Dexter Street around 8:20 p.m. Sunday.
According to police, the woman said the man was someone who had done some handiwork in the apartment complex in the past.
When she saw the man, she asked him to look at her garbage disposal. But when the man was in the apartment, he took money from her wallet and ran away.
She followed him out the door, and grabbed onto the open driver's side window area in an effort to stop him from getting away in his car. However, she dropped off before the car reached Dexter St.
The victim fell off the car and hit her head after she fell, and she believes she momentarily lost consciousness.
- Crews deal with dwindling salt supply, funds amid icy winter
- Monona cafe calls for action after no charges in embezzlement case
- Consumer Reports: Should you buy Ikea appliances?
- Consumer Reports: Foods that heal
- WEDC grants help grow entrepreneurship programs across state
- Political expert weighs in on effectiveness of Women's March movement