MADISON, Wis. - A woman was taken to the hospital after being struck by a car on Madison's north side Tuesday morning, according to police.
Police said the woman was trying to cross Northport Drive near the entrance into the Madison Mallards baseball stadium at 8 a.m. when she was struck.
Traffic heading south on Northport Drive is being diverted through Warner Park during the investigation.
The extent of the woman's injuries is unknown, according to police.
- Man charged in fatal shooting of sheriff's deputy
- PD: Man hit in head, robbed during believed stereo equipment sale
- Wisconsin farmers could be affected by late cabinet pick
- Judge denies motions to dismiss 4 charges against Alec Cook
- MFD: 1 suffers minor injury in rollover crash on John Nolen Drive
- Woman accused of stabbing acquaintance turns herself in to police