MADISON, Wis. - A woman was taken to the hospital after being struck by a car on Madison's north side Tuesday morning, according to police.
Police said the woman was trying to cross Northport Drive near the entrance into the Madison Mallards baseball stadium at 8 a.m. when she was struck.
Traffic heading south on Northport Drive is being diverted through Warner Park during the investigation.
The extent of the woman's injuries is unknown, according to police.
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday