MADISON, Wis. - A woman was taken to the hospital after being struck by a car on Madison's north side Tuesday morning, according to police.
Police said the woman was trying to cross Northport Drive near the entrance into the Madison Mallards baseball stadium at 8 a.m. when she was struck.
Traffic heading south on Northport Drive is being diverted through Warner Park during the investigation.
The extent of the woman's injuries is unknown, according to police.
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK
- Look, up in the sky! It's gypsy moth sprayers
- AG Schimel: Undercover campaign videos reveal no crime
- Oakcrest Tavern robbed at gunpoint at closing time, PD says
- State at high risk of wildfires after sunny, dry weather
- 15-year-old girl shot with BB gun at Elver Park