MADISON, Wis. - A 25-year-old woman suffered a head injury when she was stuck by a car near a Madison middle school on Wednesday.
Madison police said the woman was walking on Russett Road near Toki Middle School at about 5 p.m. when she was struck by a car.
Police said the slow moving collision happened when the 55-year-old woman driving the car looked down to buckle her seat belt.
The victim fell on the hood of the car and was taken to a hospital with a head injury.
- Community supports boy fighting for his life
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program