MADISON, Wis. - A woman was stabbed multiple times on Madison's east side early Sunday morning, officials said.
Officials responded to the 3700 block of Brigham Avenue around 4:20 a.m. for reports of a stabbing, according to a release.
Police said they found a woman in her early 30s with multiple stab wounds to her upper body inside the residence. She was transported to a local hospital where she was taken into surgery for her injuries.
The woman is in stable condition, according to the release.
Authorities said they took the woman's live-in boyfriend, Eric S. Prunn, 40, into custody on charges of attempted first-degree intentional domestic homicide.Madison crime map
- Lack of sand for roads prompts Wisconsin Dells school closure, official says
- Mother, missing children could be in Black Hills
- Man arrested on suspicion of OWI after crash injures 3
- Man arrested on suspicion of 4th OWI
- Former president George H.W. Bush hospitalized
- Family remembers fire that took 4 kids' lives 25 years later