MADISON, Wis. - A woman was stabbed multiple times on Madison's east side early Sunday morning, officials said.
Officials responded to the 3700 block of Brigham Avenue around 4:20 a.m. for reports of a stabbing, according to a release.
Police said they found a woman in her early 30s with multiple stab wounds to her upper body inside the residence. She was transported to a local hospital where she was taken into surgery for her injuries.
The woman is in stable condition, according to the release.
Authorities said they took the woman's live-in boyfriend, Eric S. Prunn, 40, into custody on charges of attempted first-degree intentional domestic homicide.Madison crime map
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says