KEWAUNEE, Wis. - It's the outcome lottery players dream about. A woman in northeastern Wisconsin is financially comfortable after collecting a $4 million Megabucks jackpot.
Michelle Grant, of Denmark, says she spent her last $4 on a lottery ticket for last Saturday's drawing. She bought the ticket in Kewaunee while visiting her grandmother. Grant says when she checked her numbers the morning after the drawing, the second row matched and she started bawling.
Grant's husband, Dean, said all that money is a bit scary. He said they'll make sure they sock away enough for retirement and take care of their children. The couple plans to make an appointment with a financial planner and maybe take a small vacation.
WLUK-TV reported Grant chose the lump sum payment, so after taxes, she'll clear nearly $2 million.
- Neighborhood initiative aims to diminish crime on Madison's east side
- Dodge Co. Sheriff asks for more student education after school threats made
- Two injured in Iowa County rollover crash
- Family: Milwaukee mother shot repeatedly in van
- Dane County airport wins award for food program
- East side Walgreens robbed at gunpoint Sunday