MADISON, Wis. - A robber took the purse from the shoulder of a Madison woman early Wednesday and threatened to hurt her before running away, according to police.
The 34-year-old woman told police she was walking in the 1700 block of Northport Drive at about 2 a.m. when she was mugged. She said the robber fled west.
The robber is described as a white man, 30 to 35 years old, 5 feet 10 inches to 6 feet 1 inch tall with a slightly heavy build, short "buzzed" blond or light brown hair and wearing a baby blue hooded sweatshirt and blue jeans.
- Robber points gun at motel clerk, flees empty-handed
- Wisconsin woman's play to take stage in San Diego
- Aging farmers in Wisconsin fear nursing care may cost farm
- Police questioning suspect in Middleton homicide
- Green Bay official explores ban on openly carrying guns
- Sheriff: Alcohol may be factor in crash that injured two