MADISON, Wis. - A woman was robbed of cash and prescription drugs after being attacked in a Walgreens parking lot Tuesday night, according to a release from Madison police.
A 42-year-old Madison woman told police she was walking out of the Walgreens at 2121 S. Park Street around 8:15 p.m. when a woman ran up and grabbed the strap of her purse. Police said the two women struggled and the contents of the purse spilled.
The robber took two wallets, the drugs and ran to a SUV that sped away, police said.
The robber is described as black, 25-30 years old, short with a dark complexion. She was wearing a white T-shirt, dark pants, red hat and might have been wearing a wig.Madison crime map
- Deputies warn of thin ice as warm temps continue
- Falcons roll 44-21 to reach Super Bowl
- Packers fall to Falcons 44-21
- Family, friends of Tony Robinson protest plan to return officer to patrol
- Packers fans stock up on snacks before NFC Championship game
- Wisconsin officials investigating skull found on vacant land