MADISON, Wis. - A woman was robbed of cash and prescription drugs after being attacked in a Walgreens parking lot Tuesday night, according to a release from Madison police.
A 42-year-old Madison woman told police she was walking out of the Walgreens at 2121 S. Park Street around 8:15 p.m. when a woman ran up and grabbed the strap of her purse. Police said the two women struggled and the contents of the purse spilled.
The robber took two wallets, the drugs and ran to a SUV that sped away, police said.
The robber is described as black, 25-30 years old, short with a dark complexion. She was wearing a white T-shirt, dark pants, red hat and might have been wearing a wig.Madison crime map
- Baldwin encourages U.S. Dept. of Agriculture secretary to Wisconsin dairy farmers
- Proposal would allow homemade baked goods sales in state
- Food delivery drivers targeted in Madison robberies, police say
- Fire marshal called to 2 fires in Jefferson County
- Witness: Man points gun at kids playing basketball
- License plate left behind at hit-and-run scene IDs driver, police say