MADISON, Wis. - A woman was transported to Meriter Hospital Friday night with non-life-threatening injuries after rescue crews pulled her from Lake Mendota.
Madison Fire Department officials said they were called to Burrows Park at 11:14 p.m. for a possible drowning.
A witness on land helped guide a rescue boat to the victim.
The woman was located about 100 yards from shore.
- Minnesota ban on Sunday liquor sales may be lifted
- Mustard Museum may close if county doesn't forgive loan
- Republican, Democrat each share hopes for inauguration
- Child expert weighs in on search for 9-month-old
- Sheriff warns of phone scammer pretending to be deputy
- Warm weather is melting away profits in the winter sports industry