MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman was punched after she tried to avoid a suspected drunken driver, according to a report from Madison police.
The 29-year-old woman told police she was driving on Troy drive before 5 a.m. Sunday when a black 4-door car began following her. She said she could see it swerving in and out of a traffic lane so she pulled into a parking lot out of fear for her safety.
She said the other driver pulled into the parking lot as well and approached her and struck her in the face.
The man got back in his car and drove away. The woman said the man staggered as he walked and she believed he was drunk.
Some of the woman's teeth were dislodged by the blow. She drove herself to a hospital and called police.
The man is described as black, in his early 30s, 6 feet tall, weighing 180 pounds and wearing a blue T-shirt, dark pants and white shoes.Madison crime map
- Four displaced in west side apartment fire
- 'Peaceful' protests, candlelight vigil held in Madison over Trump inauguration
- Wisconsin Supreme Court orders John Doe documents released
- Classes teach Madisonians how to keep backyard bees
- Judge orders suspended UW student to face trial
- First responders urge people to stay off ice this weekend