MADISON, Wis. - A Madison woman was punched after she tried to avoid a suspected drunken driver, according to a report from Madison police.
The 29-year-old woman told police she was driving on Troy drive before 5 a.m. Sunday when a black 4-door car began following her. She said she could see it swerving in and out of a traffic lane so she pulled into a parking lot out of fear for her safety.
She said the other driver pulled into the parking lot as well and approached her and struck her in the face.
The man got back in his car and drove away. The woman said the man staggered as he walked and she believed he was drunk.
Some of the woman's teeth were dislodged by the blow. She drove herself to a hospital and called police.
The man is described as black, in his early 30s, 6 feet tall, weighing 180 pounds and wearing a blue T-shirt, dark pants and white shoes.Madison crime map
- Consumer Reports: Samsung Galaxy S8 first look
- Chief: Monday was 'horribly compelling night of crime' in Madison
- New gallery showcases visually impaired artists, proves creativity has no boundaries
- Attorney: Jakubowksi traveled mostly on foot, was headed to South Dakota
- Lettuce, other produce prices double due to wet California winter, experts say
- State Legislature set to give wells bill final OK