MADISON, Wis. - A 20-year-old Madison woman told police that she was punched in the face by a stranger after they encountered each other on a sidewalk.
Police said the woman was walking in the 1000 block of West Johnson Street Tuesday afternoon when she met paths with a man walking in the opposite direction.
She said she veered right to pass and the man responded by walking into her path. She told police an "awkward kind of dance" ensued as she tried to pass the man.
During this she said she made eye contact with the man, he smiled and punched her in the face.
The woman said she walked home and called police.
The man is described as black or Hispanic, in his 40s, 5 feet 8 inches to 5 feet 10 inches tall, with a stocky build, dark eyes, light moustache and wearing a tan jacket and white knit hat.
- Madison police work to create better quality of life on top of State Street
- 'Out of the darkness' walk for suicide prevention
- Woman may face charges after being thrown from vehicle during crash
- Officials ID fatal Grant County crash victim
- Police: Electronics taken from Boscobel home Friday
- Armed robberies in Monona, Madison may be connected, Monona PD says